click for 2019 Photo Contest Winners
To highlight the beauty, diversity and activities within the Washademoak and Grand Lake area, as well as their connecting waterways.
Contest is open to the general public with the exception of the judges of the photo contest and members of their immediate family.
Entries will be received in the following 4 categories:
- Landscape – photos taken within the area (described above in “Objective”)
- Life in Motion – residents or visitors involved in activities around the area (described above in “Objective)
- Nature – plant life, fish, birds, animals or any other wildlife within the area (described above in “Objective”)
- Youth – photos of anything taken within the area (described above in “Objective”) by youth under 18 years of age.
- Submissions will be accepted between May 1, 2019 and July 1, 2019
- Photos must not have been submitted in any previous Life at the Lakes Photo Contest.
- Each individual can submit up to three (3) photos in each category; however, each entry must be submitted separately. (one photograph per e-mail)
- Each entry must contain:
- Photographer’s name
- Place photo was taken
- Additionally in the Youth category, state the age of photographer.
- Photos must be emailed in a JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The JPEG file can be no larger than 2MB.
Conditions of entry
Photographers retain the rights to their photograph; however, by entering the contest you grant
Life at the Lakes a royalty-free, perpetual license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in any media.
Judging and prizes
A panel of three (3) judges will review all entries and select the first (1st), second (2nd) and third (3rd) prize in each category. A Best Overall Photo will be chosen from the winners of each category.
ALL entries will be featured in a continuous slideshow presentation at the Cambridge-Narrows Municipal Building on Saturday August 10, 2019. The winning entries will be mounted and displayed at this same location and the mounted photos will be presented to the winners during a presentation ceremony on
Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 4:00pm at the Cambridge-Narrows Municipal Building.